Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Google Maps - Last Update

Options
  • 16-08-2013 12:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 121 ✭✭

Hoping someone can help out - Does anybody have any idea when the current Google Maps satellite images over Dublin were taken?

I see the Criminal Courts Of Justice are in the process of being built so this would suggest late early 2009-ish maybe late 2008 but hoping to find out a more specific time.

Thanks...

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

They're live.

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 26,399 Mod ✭✭✭✭Peregrine

j2dab wrote: »
    Hoping someone can help out - Does anybody have any idea when the current Google Maps satellite images over Dublin were taken?

I see the Criminal Courts Of Justice are in the process of being built so this would suggest late early 2009-ish maybe late 2008 but hoping to find out a more specific time.

Thanks...

20/9/2008

Download Google Earth and look through the imagery there, there's a button on the top called 'Historic imagery' that lets you view older images or newer images in some areas. It also shows you the date those images were taken.

Edit:
    Also, bear in mind that they weren't all taken on the same day. If you look at the imagery around airport on Maps for example, it was taken in May 2009. The date I gave was referring to the Criminal Courts/Phoenix Park/Heuston area.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,831 ✭✭✭Peanut Butter Jelly

May 2009.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,223 ✭✭✭✭biko

There's a thread here from 2010
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056108941
    about G Earth and Dublin.

As a general rule, Google tries to keep every area updated to within around three years old, but that’s not always possible. However, if your area is more than three years old, it’s likely that Google is working on updating it soon.

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 2,604 Mod ✭✭✭✭horgan_p

So the moral is :
    Don't be using Google maps to plan Jailbreaks/ busting out of courthouses

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14,380 ✭✭✭✭Banjo String

They're live.

**moons at OP**

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,559 ✭✭✭✭AnonoBoy

Altavista have maps from the early 1800s - I'm much more into them, they're more authentic Dublin really.

*pushes glasses up nose. cycles away on fixie bike*

Advertisement