Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

best brand to buy in terms of spare parts, after sales service etc

Options
  • 16-08-2013 10:43am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,369 ✭✭✭

hi all,
    I usually buy Toshiba but I believe that the local supplier (BMS in Dublin) have closed down, not sure if this is correct. A computer repair shop here in Limerick said that Toshiba are not good for getting spare parts.
    I need to buy a new laptop for my business.
    In terms of good availability of spare parts, good after sales service, looking after the customer, what brand would you recommend?
    I have stayed away from Dell and HP but seeing as they are here in Ireland would this make any difference?
    Or are all brands pretty much the same in terms of quality of providing spare parts etc, ie not very good?
    Also in terms of buying laptops, if you are keen to get good after sales service, are you better off NOT to buy from one of the websites?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,835 ✭✭✭Torqay

For ASUS spare parts, there is this crowd.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,369 ✭✭✭banjobongo

thanks. Any other major laptop brands that offer a good after sales service/spare parts service in Ireland, especially for ultrabook sector for the business user?
    Up to now Toshiba was the brand I wanted but apparently they are now very hard to contact to provide spare parts as BMS, the Irish Toshiba dealer in IReland up till now, have closed down.

Torqay wrote: »
    For ASUS spare parts, there is this crowd.

this link does not appear to work?

• Registered Users Posts: 197 ✭✭Eogclouder

banjobongo wrote: »
    thanks. Any other major laptop brands that offer a good after sales service/spare parts service in Ireland, especially for ultrabook sector for the business user?
    Up to now Toshiba was the brand I wanted but apparently they are now very hard to contact to provide spare parts as BMS, the Irish Toshiba dealer in IReland up till now, have closed down.

Apple

Eogclouder wrote: »
    Apple

Apple - no thanks, not for a business laptop.
    cheers

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,911 ✭✭✭kirving

I have a HP EliteBook, and while I'm not a business user, I've seen HP published extensive repair manuals on their support site. I'm pretty sure Dell have the same kind of thing for their business range.

Just on the Elitebook(6930p, which I bought secondhand), it's taken a lot of abuse and still is in great condition. It's got a really nice keyboard, and mostly metal parts, and it dust/splash resistant, which means I don't really have to watch what I do with it. Aside from the weight of it, I'd buy a business orientated notebook again since it's so well built, and the support seems to be there if I do ever need it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,651 ✭✭✭✭beauf

I don't think it matters where you buy the laptop.

But if you get a mainstream business model from Dell, or IBM/Lenovo I would assume there always going to spares for them. I've never had a problem getting Dell parts for consumer models.

Apple actually have one of the bests reputations for customer service. You're dismissing them very quick. I'm seeing lot of them used for business especially the Macbook Air.

thanks guys
    re Apple, my business uses a cloud based database from a 3rd party supplier which they have advised me does not work on Apple so for my business Apple will not work.
    Feedback on Dell, Lenovo and HP is pretty much what I guessed/expected and makes sense so I think maybe my next laptop for my business will be one of these brands.
    thanks!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,835 ✭✭✭Torqay

banjobongo wrote: »
    this link does not appear to work?

Indeed, doesn't work when I click it. Just copy/paste the URL:
    http://www.asusparts.eu/en

Advertisement