Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Stanley Cara Insert stove

Options
  • 15-08-2013 11:50pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3

Hi Everyone, I am fitting a Cara Stanley insert stove & have attached the flexi fuel to the spigot using the grub screws provided but how do i seal this joint correctly before i move flexi to its final position.

Has anyone installed one of these?

any help would be greatly appreciated

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 439 ✭✭North West

Hi manusf
    Google MI Flues. Look at system 35 when site opens, it will give you the exact details
    NW

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Jo78

Hi there
    I got a cara+ insert stove fitted in March 2013, already I have been through one ash pan after returning it to the shop I bought it from because it had warped that bad I couldn't get it back in to the unit, now the same has happened to my second ash pan.
    I was asked what I'm burning on it this really should have no effect on the ash pan should it?
    Really angry and annoyed actually using a baking tray now

• Registered Users Posts: 1,884 ✭✭✭Robbie.G

Jo78 wrote: »
    Hi there
    I got a cara+ insert stove fitted in March 2013, already I have been through one ash pan after returning it to the shop I bought it from because it had warped that bad I couldn't get it back in to the unit, now the same has happened to my second ash pan.
    I was asked what I'm burning on it this really should have no effect on the ash pan should it?
    Really angry and annoyed actually using a baking tray now

A lot does depend on what fuel your using some fuels are just to hot for stoves and can cause twisting and buckling of the metal.
    So what are you burning in it.

Robbie.G wrote: »
    A lot does depend on what fuel your using some fuels are just to hot for stoves and can cause twisting and buckling of the metal.
    So what are you burning in it.

Hi Robbie
    I'm using doubles and blocks surely they should have been tested for high heats?
    Many thanks

Hi Robbie
    I'm using doubles and blocks surely they should have been tested for high heats?
    Many thanks

Doubles aren't suitable for stoves as they are to high temperature burning.
    They will cause damage to stove and are also very sooty.You need to be looking at anthracite or any other manufactured smokeless fuel. Stoviods,supacite,are all good fuels

• Advertisement

They will cause damage to stove and are also very sooty.You need to be looking at anthracite or any other manufactured smokeless fuel. Stoviods,supacite,are all good fuels

Hi Robbie G
    Many thanks for your advice but what is that coal you mentioned and where would you get it? Is it more expensive than ordinary coal
    Many thanks again ðŸ˜႒

Hi Robbie G
    Many thanks for your advice but what is that coal you mentioned and where would you get it? Is it more expensive than ordinary coal
    Many thanks again ðŸ˜႒

Most fuel distributors do a range of coal that's suitable for stoves.stoviods are from king coal supacite is from Haynes fuel
    Anthracite is available from all.
    They are a bit more expensive but they're a lot cheaper than having to replace your stove due to heat damage.

• Registered Users Posts: 16 Not Now John

Just wondering, what do you mean by Doubles? I am getting one of these stoves soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,787 ✭✭✭slimjimmc

Just wondering, what do you mean by Doubles? I am getting one of these stoves soon.
    Doubles = coal which is about 50mm in diameter. Gives high heat output.
    http://fitzpatrick-fuels.co.uk/solid-fuel-faqs/coal-faqs.html#6

Advertisement