Mods please check the Moderators Group for an important update on Mod tools. If you do not have access to the group, please PM Niamh. Thanks!

Panic attacks - Is there a Support group in Dublin?

Registered Users Posts: 99 ✭✭✭ finlaycm

Hi,

I've suffered from acute bouts of panic attacks a few times over the past 10 years, with all the associated agoraphobia and constant mounting anxiety. In the inter periods I'm largely OK. However at the moment I'm pretty ****ed. I've attended CBT sessions in the past and I know they are beneficial, however at 80 euro a pop they are expensive and it really depends on the quality of the therapist.

As an alternative, does anyone know of a Pannic attack/Anxiety support group? These could be informal (sufferer directed) or formally organised by a therapist, whatever. I thought this type of thing would be easy to find but alas no. I realise this might fall on deaf ears, but hey its worth a shot.

Comments

Hey there,

This forum is for offering general advice and support for people with phobias.

If you want to know if there is a support group or other help available in your specific geographical location you should check with your GP, the golden pages or give it a google.

All the very best. :cool:

This discussion has been closed.