Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

flapping ireland?

Options
  • 15-08-2013 9:24pm
    Registered Users Posts: 29

Is there any flapping in ireland and if do how does it work?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,621 ✭✭✭TheBody

I missread the thread title. I didn't spot the l. :o

• Registered Users Posts: 29 michael thomas

thats no bother. its just someone said to me that there is a schooling track up north holding flapping meetings and i was just wondering if it was true.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 5,504 Mod ✭✭✭✭Nowso

The field of dreams schooling track did hold a few races on special occasions

but there is not much call for it as its easy enough enter your dog at an official track

just out of curiosity nowso, how does flapping work and whats the difference between flapping and bags? thanks.

flapping is one man arrives with a dog and enters him as lassie this week as santas little helper. etc

igb racing are done on rules with id cards for each dog with set rules

bags are races done for betting shop viewing that have a bit stricter set of rules to suit bookies

• Advertisement

nowso, thanks for that info. i own/train my own dogs at the moment but im moving to england in 8 months and i was wondering how do bags operate? can i bring dogs over from ireland and do they race under gbgb rules? is there any flapping sites where i can find out where the tracks are. how do they decide what dogs race in flapping if there is no form, thamks!

For Flapping theres a Forum Flappers dream which might be a place to start

http://flappersdream.proboards.com/

For uk racing in general Try greyhoundscene forum

http://greyhoundscene.proboards.com/

Great thanks nowso!

Advertisement