Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Work experience.

Options
  • 15-08-2013 8:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 9

Does cork city fire brigade or cork city HSE take people for a week r two. I want to b a paramedic or firefighter so they are the main places I'd like to go.
    Tagged:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,823 ✭✭✭DublinArnie

Here's the website for Cork City Fire Brigade: http://www.corkcityfirebrigade.ie/

Their e-mail is at the top of the page, e-mail them. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 9 padraig12

do you know if the HSE or gardí take on any people?

padraig12 wrote: »
    do you know if the HSE or gardí take on any people?
    I'm sure the gardi do take people but spaces are limited. I don't know about the HSE, but I suppose if you know someone from the HSE then I think you could do experince there, same applies to Matter Hospital in Dublin.

I'm sure the gardi do take people but spaces are limited. I don't know about the HSE, but I suppose if you know someone from the HSE then I think you could do experince there, same applies to Matter Hospital in Dublin.

Dublin is out for me. I live in cork city.

Dublin is out for me. I live in cork city.
    I said "same applies with Dublin". Wait till you start TY, your TY coordinator will explain everything.

• Advertisement

Ok thanks;)

• Registered Users Posts: 594 ✭✭✭d1234

Yes, most Garda stations take students, however you will need to book well in advance. A busier station might be better as there may be more to do and see. Best of luck.

d1234 wrote: »
    Yes, most Garda stations take students, however you will need to book well in advance. A busier station might be better as there may be more to do and see. Best of luck.

Thanks. I'm going to try togher Garda station or d HQ in cork city next to d fire station on the south side

• Registered Users Posts: 49 stardollz

Loads of paramedics do training courses where they go and teach first aid etc. Maybe you could try and get experience with them? I'll try and find out more for you.

• Advertisement

stardollz wrote: »
    Loads of paramedics do training courses where they go and teach first aid etc. Maybe you could try and get experience with them? I'll try and find out more for you.

Thank you. :) sound!

Thank you. :) sound!

I Posted the link for you too. :-) no problem! Good luck with it.

• Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭familystand

Cork city fire Brigade do not take anyone on work experience

Cork city fire Brigade do not take anyone on work experience

I rang CO11 station and they said no :( thanks tho

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,180 ✭✭✭hfallada

Do something that you can gain from. I worked in a premium supermarket in Dublin as I love food. What I learnt in those 5 days, is retail is ****ing horrible. No one enjoys working for €8,65 an hour and dealing with repetitive tasks. Its one of the reasons why I worked so hard( and repeated my LC) to get a course I know would pay well and ensure I dont end up working in a shop and hating it for the rest of my life.

I know a girl who got a job in BT Dublin as she did work experience in an well known shop for a week. Do something that you will gain from and not because " its around the corner from me"

hfallada wrote: »
    Do something that you can gain from. I worked in a premium supermarket in Dublin as I love food. What I learnt in those 5 days, is retail is ****ing horrible. No one enjoys working for €8,65 an hour and dealing with repetitive tasks. Its one of the reasons why I worked so hard( and repeated my LC) to get a course I know would pay well and ensure I dont end up working in a shop and hating it for the rest of my life.

I know a girl who got a job in BT Dublin as she did work experience in an well known shop for a week. Do something that you will gain from and not because " its around the corner from me"

I want to become a member of d emergency service

Advertisement