Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Question on Repeats.

• 15-08-2013 6:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,788 ✭✭✭

I have a question on the basis of repeats. I was told by a lecturer I require 50 credits and a GPA of 1.66. Now, my question is, if I fail to meet these requirements, am I denied entry into my next semester entirely and that's it? or will I be asked to repeat these failed modules during my next semester on top of my current modules? Working hard to try and pass, but if the worst happens, I just want to be clear of my situation.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 461 ✭✭Drodan

If you're looking to go into second year you may continue on into second year (semesters 3 & 4) with one module from semester 1 and one from semester 2 providing you've the stated GPA.

If you don't have that GPA you will have to spend the year repeating any Fs or Ds (or even Cs if you wish, but don't be mad) sadly.

AGB_Ghost wrote: »
    Would that be on top of Year 2 or a full repeat of year one?

Basically if you fail more that two (one module from each semester is the limit) you'll be repeating first year and not allowed progress, only the ones you failed though so you won't have to do all 12 again.

If you only fail one from each semester and have the GPA requirement you can do those and the 12 new modules in year 2 at the same time, which from experience is tough enough but manageable.

AGB_Ghost wrote: »
    As it stands. I passed all my modules of semester 1. In semester 2, due to personal reasons, I was unable to attend many of my classes. Out of the 5 modules of in Semester 2, I only passed 1 (Purely due to CA not being up to par compared to the previous semester). I will pass one of the modules I am repeating guranteed, but as it stands, the other three are a grind and I am unsure.

If you pass two of those three you're flying. Fail two or more then you'll have to repeat them on their own next year. Though if you pass two you're course coordinator may be sound because of your extenuating circumstances and figure out a way for you to carry on. I'd suggest making him/her aware of the situation now so it's not deemed as just you trying to pull a fast one.

Fingers crossed it won't be a problem for you though.

Advertisement