Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Plywood for shed floor

Options
  • 15-08-2013 4:09pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,309 ✭✭✭

Hi guys,

I need some plywood for a shed floor. Google came up with

http://www.woodworkers.ie/prices/p_sheet_plywood.shtml

But Im a bit clueless as to what type of plywood I can use for the floor. Any suggestions greatly appreciated.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 233 ✭✭knickerbocker

!8mm WBP from just about every builders providers is probably what your after - anywhere between €25 to €30 a sheet.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,309 ✭✭✭T-K-O

Brilliant, appreciate the speedy reply.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,804 ✭✭✭recipio

T-K-O wrote: »
    Brilliant, appreciate the speedy reply.

:D Just make sure its T+ G.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,115 ✭✭✭monkeynuz

recipio wrote: »
    :D Just make sure its T+ G.

Can you get t+g ply? Not criticising or anything just interested because I could do with some and have never heard of it, not saying it doesn't exist.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,247 ✭✭✭One shot on kill

I'd say the t+g would be in 8x2's rather than 8x4's.

The 8x4's will be grand once there screwed down well. Plus the 8x2's will cost more anyway.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,804 ✭✭✭recipio

monkeynuz wrote: »
    Can you get t+g ply? Not criticising or anything just interested because I could do with some and have never heard of it, not saying it doesn't exist.

Dunno, but you can certainly get T+G chipboard.
    If its not T+G every join will need to be on a joist, assuming you are not laying it over a solid floor.

Advertisement