Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Silent Scope

Options
  • 15-08-2013 4:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 206 ✭✭

Hey guys, anyone know of any locations that have Silent Scope? I'm curious if there's any still around as I haven't seen it in ages :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 34,555 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

There's one in Bray bowl, in decent condition too :)

• Registered Users Posts: 206 ✭✭Jambo221

o1s1n wrote: »
    There's one in Bray bowl, in decent condition too :)
    Nice :) Just looking up the Bray Bowl there, seems pretty cool, would love to check it out some time.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,541 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Love that game.
    The GBA version is pretty incredible, given the game, amazing what they have shoehorned onto a cart.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,169 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

Free play in Bray bowl on BYOB nights is your best option alright!

Used to love the game. Since it was the only game I got with my PS2 at launch, it was played to death while constantly recognising how much less interesting it was without the rifle.

Also, shame the guy didn't just pull out a sidearm during the close range missions :/

• Registered Users Posts: 206 ✭✭Jambo221

I love the PS2 version, recently picked up a copy along with a USB mouse. It's great having the home version to play without any pressure. I remember the arcade version was a very daunting experience, you're really thrown in at the deep end without a clue of what to do :P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,699 ✭✭✭deathrider

I think they might have one of them (EX, I think) in the bowling ally/Subway round Headford way in Galway.

I've got to agree about the PS2 versions. They became quite boring quite fast.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,541 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Is it the Xbox version that is a compilation of all three ps2 games?
    I remember playing it in the arcades when it was released, took to it like a duck to water.

It would be amazing to create a usable gun and sight, you'd probably need the original pcb and daughter board for the mini monitor in the gun, if that's how it works.
    Be cool though, an airsoft rifle casing with the tracking device and the screen mounted into a dummy scope.
    Then set up, via Mame, the sight visuals as a second screen, outputting to the scope.
    Makes me think of a little wifi/bluetooth screen maybe, possibilities!
    And then, free to use the cab for other gun games with the same firearm!

well doable but it'd break your balls to get it working!

• Advertisement

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    Is it the Xbox version that is a compilation of all three ps2 games?
    I remember playing it in the arcades when it was released, took to it like a duck to water.

Yeah, there's an all-in-one disc available for Xbox. I saw it in the wild lately and was very tempted to buy it. Then I realised that I'd probably never user it as I have them on PS2, and I very rarely use the Xbox at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 34,555 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

urbanledge wrote: »
    well doable but it'd break your balls to get it working!

Yeah I always wondered too about how difficult it would be to replace the LCD in the gun. Imagine getting your hands on a cab and that little screen went :eek:

I was in that Galway bowling ally that I mentioned. They've got Silent Scope alright, but it's hooked up to one of those shoot for cash machines with a tiny screen.

In a lighter note though, they've also got a huge 2player Outrun 2 machine.

• Registered Users Posts: 677 ✭✭✭Mitchomagic

Jambo221 wrote: »
    Hey guys, anyone know of any locations that have Silent Scope? I'm curious if there's any still around as I haven't seen it in ages :)

yep seen 2 in my workshop:D,1 is ss2 the other is the ex version....ss2 coming to a for sale section soon....

Advertisement