Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

VHS/DVD Combo work-able via PC?

Options
  • 15-08-2013 3:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 324 ✭✭

(Please move to correct forum if this is the wrong one)

Hi,

I picked myself up a Samsung DVD-V6800 on Adverts about 2 months ago, but only getting around to getting it going now. My question is, or what I want to do is, I want to connect the DVD-V6800 to my PC is the aim to viewing videos/DVDs through it to view on my Dell TFT.

Can I do this via a cable from DVD-V6800 to PC? or from DVD-V6800 direct to TFT. Preferably the first option. If yes, to either or both, which cable would I require.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 324 ✭✭iPaddyM

Anyone?

• Registered Users Posts: 606 ✭✭✭Seamu$

Your DVD player seems to have Composite Video Out, no HDMI out per this. So to connect to a PC I reckon you need video capture device or similar. You could try something like a cheap Easycap device like this or a more expensive Pinnacle Dazzle product such as this or this. You would need a cable like this to connect the player to the capture device. These are more for recording the video from your Samsung player, but can also be viewed on screen on the video capture software.

Regarding connecting to a Dell TFT, if you give us the model number it might be easier to advise, but that could be tricky. If the monitor only has VGA in, then you need a box that converts your DVD players RCA (Composite) out signal to VGA. Products like this claim to do so but are rare. Can't advise what the quality would be like but I expect it wouldn't be fantastic.

Hope that helps!

Advertisement