Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What movies do ya like??

Options
  • 15-08-2013 2:50pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,771 ✭✭✭

I like all these movies

1) Halloween (1978)
    2) Friday the 13th (1980)
    3) The Shining (1980)
    4) Nightmare on Elm street - 1984 (Its strange but good (@ the end they are all OK (thankfully (I suppose it makes sense as Its only a dream in that movie)))

In fact ARE WE REALLY AWAKE NOW OR IS IT ALL A DREAM?? (Something to think about)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 546 ✭✭✭gufnork

I'm a sucker for an old fashioned horror, so pretty much any Hammer Horror for starters, but otherwise these,

1) The Fog - wonderful atmosphere throughout. Loved it.
    2) Angel Heart - Mickey Rourke was great back then.
    3) The Wicker Man - not sure if this is strictly a horror, but it was creeepy...

There are loads more that I'm not even thinking of, I just know it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,771 ✭✭✭Dude111

The sure dont make them like they used to huh??

I mean what a BIG DIFFERENCE between Friday the 13th (1980) and Friday the 13th (2009) -- What crap!!!!!! IM GLAD I HAVE THE ORIGINAL 1980 VERSION!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 149 ✭✭Caveat_

It is really difficult to find a good horror movie these days.

I really enjoyed The Pact http://www.imdb.com/title/tt2040560/

Stir of Echos http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0164181/
    There appears to be a Stir of Echos 2, might be worth a watch.

Blair witch project is still a great movie http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0185937/?ref_=nv_sr_2

• Closed Accounts Posts: 546 ✭✭✭gufnork

Just watched 'Lair of the White Worm'. Now that's a freaky movie. Based on Bram Stoker's story, and starring several big names and a few also ran's, Ken Russell, Hugh Grant, Peter Capaldi to name but a few. Made in some alternate version of the 80's that hasn't heard of Women's Lib. yet, it makes full use of it's female cast by stripping them to their underwear at every given opportunity. And then there are those wonderful trippy, dream-like hallucination sequences that for all the world look like the director was attempting to recapture his lost youth by taking a trip back to the drug-addled 60's, or do I mean 70's?

Anyway, I just had to bring this beautiful work of tongue-in-cheek 80's slutty, trippy, so-weird-you-just-can't-help-but-look, fantastic example of what you can achieve if you just don't give a fcuk about those god-awful movie goers and simply plough on with your own sweet, warped vision while grinning insanely at the world and it's children before bending over and displaying your saggy white globular buttocks to your former fans.

'LAIR OF THE WHITE WORM'! Go watch it...

Advertisement