Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

i3 or i5?

Options
  • 15-08-2013 2:46pm

Hi Folks,

I am going into final year at the moment and I am looking at buying a laptop. Last year I had use of an i5 13.3" Vosto 3350 and it was by far the best laptop I ever had - great performance, portable and in general - a great asset.

My needs would be:
    • The ability to handle basic VMs
    • Windows 7
    • Portable (max 14")

I have a large final year project to complete as well as other modules so I will be doing a lot of coding and some graphic design with it also.

My question would be, based on my actual needs/usage of the laptop - would an i3 suffice?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,835 ✭✭✭Torqay

There isn't really that much of a difference in performance, both are dual-core processors with Hyperthreading. The difference in price is 40-50. If you want a real performance boost, cough up ~100 yoyos more and get a Core i7 with 4 cores and 8 threads.

Thanks Torquay

Advertisement