Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Requesting full payment for insurance due to missed direct debit.

Options
  • 15-08-2013 2:45pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,102 ✭✭✭

Hi, 

I was late three times with my direct debits. The first two times were due to my pay being late into my account. Because of this I changed back details with you so as there would be no issues. 

However, for some reason the bank would not pay you either this month. The said it was due to a lack of a direct debit mandate. 

I called Liberty today to request that you try to take the direct debit again. However, I was told on the phone that I would have to pay the remainder of my premium in full immediately or my policy would be cancelled. 

The remainder is over €500 - I am a student and unable to pay this. Is there anyway possible that you can continue to provide direct debits? Otherwise I will have to cancel my policy. 

Thank you, 
    Dylan 

Comments

• Company Representative Posts: 235 Verified rep Liberty Insurance: Sean

Hi Dylan

If you PM me your details we'll look into this for you and arrange for someone to contact you back.

Regards
    Seán

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,102 ✭✭✭DylanII

Thanks, Just sent a PM there. 

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,102 ✭✭✭DylanII

Thank you, 

I just got a call and as long as I pay the missed payment in the next few days I can continue with direct debits. 

:) 

• Registered Users Posts: 18 zkevinz

I have this issue now and willing to pay owed money, i missed 3rd debit also by accident . Anyone from liberty here still?

• Company Representative Posts: 112 Verified rep Liberty Insurance: Lisa K

Hi zkevinz, could you PM me your policy number so I can have a look into this for you. Thanks Lisa

• Advertisement

i sent pm but know if its being sent as it not showing up in sent folder

its ok i spoke to mark

Can liberty please pm me,? my job has switched to bi-weekly payments and have an issue with direct debit upcoming

Are yee online?

its ok i got sorted

• Advertisement
  • Company Representative Posts: 23 Verified rep Liberty Insurance: Kieron

zkevinz wrote: »
    its ok i got sorted
    Cheers zkevinz, if you need anything else; then let us know. 
    Regards Kieran

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,196 ✭✭✭boardsuser1

What I find annoying about liberty is, when I was s customer in the Quinn direct days I missed 3 direct debits.

Since liberty took over I've been told that I must pay the amount in full as direct debit options are no longer available to me as a result of something that happened in 2007.

Needless to say as a result I've paid the extra few quid elsewhere.

Is refusing to allow someone pay by D/D illegal when it's offered to others?

I missed my 3rd dd . Wat next ? Can i still pay it ? 

• Company Representative Posts: 235 Verified rep Liberty Insurance: Sean

zkevinz wrote: »
    I missed my 3rd dd . Wat next ? Can i still pay it ? 
    Hi Zkevinz

If your direct debit is returned unpaid and if this is the third missed payment you would have to make payment for the remaining balance in full. We will send you a letter confirming this and you will have to make payment by credit/debit card or cheque by the date outlined on this letter. Hope this helps.

Regards 

Seán

• Registered Users Posts: 5,440 ✭✭✭LollipopJimmy

What I find annoying about liberty is, when I was s customer in the Quinn direct days I missed 3 direct debits.

Since liberty took over I've been told that I must pay the amount in full as direct debit options are no longer available to me as a result of something that happened in 2007.

Needless to say as a result I've paid the extra few quid elsewhere.

Is refusing to allow someone pay by D/D illegal when it's offered to others?
    It's not illegal, you have a poor credit rating with them so not offering the service. It's a pain in the eye alright but I see their point. You can thank the idiots that set up DD with Insurance companies and then never cover them just to get a disc for the window. 

• Registered Users Posts: 14 _JustGav

anyone from liberty still here?

• Company Representative Posts: 163 Verified rep Liberty Insurance: Una

_JustGav wrote: »
    anyone from liberty still here?
    Hi JustGav,
    We're online Monday - Friday 9am -5pm. Phone lines were open on Saturday 10am -2pm.
    Is there something we can help you with today?
    Thanks
    Una

• Registered Users Posts: 3 jackwhelehan97

Hi, I missed a 3rd direct debit payment, money was in account bank wouldnt pay out though not sure what the problem was, i cant afford to pay 1700. Can someone from Liberty please help i dont ant my insurance to cancel! Thanks

Hi, I missed a 3rd direct debit payment, money was in account bank wouldnt pay out though not sure what the problem was, i cant afford to pay 1700. Can someone from Liberty please help i dont ant my insurance to cancel! Thanks

• Company Representative Posts: 112 Verified rep Liberty Insurance: Lisa K

Hi jackwhelehan97, can you PM me your details and I will look into this for you. Lisa

• Advertisement

pm sent thank you

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Georgina.085

Hi i have missed 3 direct debit paymentd with liberty due to bank taking funds out before the date of my insurance they are telling me to pay the rest of the sum of 588 euro but i can not afford this as i lost my job and really need my car for personal reasons is there any way i can pay my months insurance i have tryed to pay it online a few times but would not let me please if someone could help i would really appreciate it

Advertisement