Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anywhere to cash a payroll cheque?

Options
  • 15-08-2013 1:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 629 ✭✭✭

Does anyone know of somewhere I can cash a payroll cheque straight away? I was thinking maybe the post office would do it but not sure. I don't want to go to one of those places that takes 10%.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,044 ✭✭✭Tow

The branch of the bank which issued it, but in these days of banking cut backs you will be lucky if they do so.

When is the money (including lost growth) Michael Noonan took in the Pension Levy going to be paid back?

• Registered Users Posts: 738 ✭✭✭Gaillimh1976

Credit Union might if you are a member

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

The Post Office would only be if they know you well & use it as a part payment of a bill ,Credit Card etc.
    The bank branch its drawn on are obliged to cash it, however AIB refuse to do this for non-customers.
    Other than that your friendly local shop keeper.

Advertisement