Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Determining your level of degree?

Options
  • 15-08-2013 11:07am
    Registered Users Posts: 2

Hey I'm taking a few repeats now at the end of first year, if I fail some modules now and have to take them next year does that mean I'm limited to a pass degree? Or is your first year not taking into consideration when determining what degree you graduate with?
    Tagged:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 123 ✭✭maniac2000

If this was the case a lot of people would be bolloxed from the start (if they failed) and so it wouldn't be worth their while continuing.... so no that is not the case!

Repeating a year in college doesn't have any affect on your degree grade unless perhaps final year but you would need to check this with your faculty office.

Each faculty will determine how your degree is made up i.e could be 10-15% from 3rd year and rest made up in 4th year or 4th year is a standalone year etc.... If in doubt mail your faculty office

• Registered Users Posts: 2 NearHand

Thanks I'm studying for them at the minute and was freaking out haha!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 123 ✭✭maniac2000

NearHand wrote: »
    Thanks I'm studying for them at the minute and was freaking out haha!

Stop freaking out and get the finger out so you don't have to repeat!

;)

Advertisement