Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Solid Fuel Stove Supply and Install Cost

Options
  • 15-08-2013 10:32am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 446 ✭✭

Can anybody give a ballpark figure on the cost to supply and fit a solid fuel stove to heat an average 95m2 3 bed semi (7-9 rads). Rads are installed already as there is an oil fired set up but the boiler is gone, just wondering how much it would cost to change to solid fuel.

Living room has a chimney so I suppose the stove would go there. I know this is a bit of a ‘how long is a piece of string’ question but I’m just look at what kind of ballpark we would be looking at.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,097 ✭✭✭Dtp79

Devi wrote: »
    Can anybody give a ballpark figure on the cost to supply and fit a solid fuel stove to heat an average 95m2 3 bed semi (7-9 rads). Rads are installed already as there is an oil fired set up but the boiler is gone, just wondering how much it would cost to change to solid fuel.

Living room has a chimney so I suppose the stove would go there. I know this is a bit of a ‘how long is a piece of string’ question but I’m just look at what kind of ballpark we would be looking at.

Stove between 1-2 thousand
    Materials and labour 1500-2000
    This is very rough guide. A lot of factors to take into consideration

• Closed Accounts Posts: 446 ✭✭Devi

Dearer than I thought, thanks for your reply.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,097 ✭✭✭Dtp79

Devi wrote: »
    Dearer than I thought, thanks for your reply.

Well the price of stoves vary alot. As for materials, it really depends on how hard it is to get from your stove to hot press, condition of the existing chimney, is there enough ventilation in the room etc

Advertisement