Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Maternity sportswear?

Options
  • 15-08-2013 10:26am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,666 ✭✭✭

I'm determined not to let my fitness go with this pregnancy as I have done in the past. I've had to give up derby :_( but I'm going to Zumba 2-4 times a week and hill walking once a week. The only thing I've noticed is that now that my belly's 'popped out' it feels like it needs some more support, and my shimmy's just not the same with sore boobs. I have a spanx pregnancy body shaper but its nylon and would be icky to exercise in. Ideally I'd like something like leggings that go over the bump in cotton or similar, nothing crazy expensive as I'll be getting a few pairs. I've got a sports bra from M&S which is ok but I think I could do with something a bit more heavy duty. Any suggestions? Thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 967 ✭✭✭highly1111

I noticed some maternity sportswear new into mothercare during the week. Didn't take a proper look though as thankfully I've no need for it anymore!!

• Registered Users Posts: 11 chicita

I had awful trouble finding anything nice. I used maternity leggings - just normal leggings and went to Penneys and got some long length vest tops. Also TK Max had some quiet long tops which were stretchy and I used those.

I found at lot of the classes and running hard so I have kept up the swimming mostly. At least with that you can just wear a sports bikini. You may get a few looks but you get used to it and just ignore it after a while!

• Registered Users Posts: 98 ✭✭Zizigirl

Hi
    I bought sports bottoms in pennies for 9euro. Bought them bigger than my usual size. They are fold down and you can fold them right up over bump. They were absolutely perfect but they were very tight so don't be afraid to get a big size!

• Registered Users Posts: 1 nirawayne

Don't go for vigorous exercise during these days. Just do the normal exercises like walking or yoga will be the best. Yeah, leggings is a good option at the time of pregnancy, as it is stretchable and provide comfort.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,666 ✭✭✭Rosy Posy

The pregnancy leggings I have sort of sag down while I'm moving so I end up with an unintentional drop crotch. I'm actually considering throwing caution to the wind and investing in a preggy leotard!

I cleared the exercise I'm doing with my midwife, I've given up contact sport and am doing stuff that I was doing before I was pregnant and obviously not pushing myself to the point of pain or unwellness.

• Advertisement
Advertisement