Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Flickr Un-tag?

Options
  • 14-08-2013 8:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 22,248 ✭✭✭✭

Hi folks. Quick Flickr question...

If I don't have a Flickr account, is there a way to contact a user to request they un-tag me in their photos? Working away here on minimizing my online-ness, and some random pics pop up on a search. I don't have a particular issue with the shots. I'm not looking to have them taken down. I'd just like not to be tagged in them.

Any suggestions?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,680 ✭✭✭DaireQuinlan

endacl wrote: »
    Hi folks. Quick Flickr question...

If I don't have a Flickr account, is there a way to contact a user to request they un-tag me in their photos? Working away here on minimizing my online-ness, and some random pics pop up on a search. I don't have a particular issue with the shots. I'm not looking to have them taken down. I'd just like not to be tagged in them.

Any suggestions?

If you don't have a flickr account and you don't have their email address or anything then probably not. You could always just create some flickr account with some bogus name and flickrmail them using it.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,248 ✭✭✭✭endacl

If you don't have a flickr account and you don't have their email address or anything then probably not. You could always just create some flickr account with some bogus name and flickrmail them using it.
    Thanks Daire. I was thinking that all right.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,144 ✭✭✭peter1892

Even when tags are removed it can take a while for search engines to stop finding the images - I had a similar issue a few years back where a model asked me to remove her real name from the tags, I did this but after a couple of weeks google was still finding them. In the end I removed the images altogether.

Yeah that can happen. It took a while for a Twitter account I had to disappear from searches. Same for Facebook.

On the photos though, I imagine it should be just a matter of courtesy to ask before tagging somebody. I always would when I was on FB.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,423 ✭✭✭denismc

Flickr is part of the yahoo group and as far as i know it is also linked to Google so you could connect through these.
    But then i am thinking if you are trying to reduce your "onlineness" you probably have neither.

• Advertisement

denismc wrote: »
    Flickr is part of the yahoo group and as far as i know it is also linked to Google so you could connect through these.
    But then i am thinking if you are trying to reduce your "onlineness" you probably have neither.
    No, I have a Google account alright. It's more for professional reasons that I'm trying to limit my 'searchability'. I've no problem with being online. I'd just prefer others didn't add so much to my virtual presence.

Just to clarify, those photos aren't in any way 'dodgy'. Most are in fact quite flattering. I have no problem with them being up. I just don't want to be tagged and searchable in them.

First world problems, eh? :rolleyes:

I tried through google. Looks like a temporary Flickr account is the way to go...

Advertisement