Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Opening a UK account quickly

Options
  • 14-08-2013 7:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 31

I am moving to Kent, England on Monday for a permanent teaching job.
    By Monday at 3pm I need to be added to the payroll so I have a 4 hour window in the UK to open an account.

When I phone English banks from Ireland I have been put through to a lot of bank call centres and it's hard to contact a local bank branch to arrange an appointment.

Can anyone recommend a good bank for speedy account opening?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 396 ✭✭Sigourney

potato wrote: »
    I am moving to Kent, England on Monday for a permanent teaching job.
    By Monday at 3pm I need to be added to the payroll so I have a 4 hour window in the UK to open an account.

When I phone English banks from Ireland I have been put through to a lot of bank call centres and it's hard to contact a local bank branch to arrange an appointment.

Can anyone recommend a good bank for speedy account opening?

Could you make it to the North before you go? Try giving First Trust bank a call. Here's their number: 048 9032 5599.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,180 ✭✭✭hfallada

I know when I opened an account with BOI they were able to give me my account number and sort code on the stop. Have you phoned any uk banks to see if they do the same

• Registered Users Posts: 13,685 ✭✭✭✭wonski

I managed to open account with Lloyds TSB in 15-20 minutes. This was few years ago, but worth a shot. Make sure to get a letter from employer if you have nothing in your name, and make sure there is your new address printed on it.
    Also HSBC had special account for foreigners coming to UK. You could apply before arrival and have it ready when you arrive. There was a monthly fee, but not sure how long it normally takes.

Advertisement