Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New Xbox

Options
  • 14-08-2013 7:40pm
    Registered Users Posts: 264 ✭✭

Hi there my xbox recently stopped reading disks and I have decided to get myself a new one and have a few small questions regarding getting data from my hard drive to a new one and giving gamestop old xboxs.
    Firstly is there a way to export the old data to a new xbox and secondly do gamestop accept old broken xboxs?

Also what price range is the new model xbox in?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 563 ✭✭✭ugglasdav

all you need to transfer from the old xbox to the new one is a transfer cable, you can pick them up in gamestop.

Dont think they take in broken xbox's as they normally test them when traded in to see if they even work

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,382 ✭✭✭firestarter51

you can use a memory stick or external hard drive if you have one to save buying the cable, i recently did this with my map packs for mw3 and blops 2

• Registered Users Posts: 2,133 ✭✭✭GottaGetGatt

Dont waste ur time on the transfer cable, they never work.USB stick all the way

Put the old xbox on adverts.ie they sell quite quick, you might even get just console only on there save you buying leads and controllers and a hard drive

• Registered Users Posts: 4,122 ✭✭✭BeerWolf

Dont waste ur time on the transfer cable, they never work.USB stick all the way

Worked for me no problems, when I was transferring from an original 360 which I got on launched, to a 360 S.

Be nice if you could rent them - €15 or so for something you'd only use once ever! :pac:

• Advertisement

€15 for a cable is a waste when USB stick and externals are so popular now

• Registered Users Posts: 8,503 ✭✭✭Makaveli

Transfer cable worked fine for me but I got it with a harddrive. I wouldn't bother buying one just for the sake of it when, as said, you can use a USB key.

• Registered Users Posts: 336 ✭✭Tomrota

The people in Gamestop transferred all my data for me when I bought an Xbox slim.

Advertisement