Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Moderate sea conditions ? what does this mean?

Options
  • 14-08-2013 5:02pm
    Registered Users Posts: 261 ✭✭

Can anyone explain Moderate please?

In the context of travelling on a ferry from Dublin to Holyhead tomorrow

Thanks

Comments

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 17,833 Mod ✭✭✭✭DOCARCH

You may get moderately ill. :) Your obviously concerned...as you started 2 threads? ;)

Usually refers a wave height of between 1.25 to 2.5 metres, so, a tad bumpy (on a ferry) but nothing too serious.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,355 ✭✭✭✭Supercell

Puking a moderate possibility! I'd take some travel sickness tablets before the trip ;)

Have a weather station?, why not join the Ireland Weather Network - http://irelandweather.eu/

• Registered Users Posts: 261 ✭✭newportlad

Supercell wrote: »
    Puking a moderate possibility! I'd take some travel sickness tablets before the trip ;)

Seriously?

Well at least I know what to expect, will have to be a light breakfast for me!

Thanks for the replies all:)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,266 ✭✭✭secman

Moderate sea means moderate sea sickness....... of course.

Secman

Advertisement