Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

laptop keeps locking up programs not responding unable to shut down unless remove bat

Options
  • 14-08-2013 4:36pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 6,543 ✭✭✭

smart phone here so forgive me. my lap top has developed a rather big problem today. when I turn it on I can get onto the internet with Google Chrome, but very shortly thereafter Google Chrome stopped responding and freezes up. antivirus and anti-malware programs seem to stop responding and freeze as well. the latest program to freeze up and stop responding is Windows Explorer. I can't seem to do anything on the computer I am not tech savvy so I don't know what to do!? please help if you can, thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 840 ✭✭✭jsa112

does the problem happen in safe mode ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,543 ✭✭✭Conmaicne Mara

Didn't seem to, at least I was able to run malwarebytes and super anti spyware. I couldn't use Chrome in safe mode, didn't seem to have an internet connection.

Ran both and they took out a fair number of iffy items :eek: On Chrome in normal mode again and so far so good. Downloading AVG now.

Fingers crossed.

post the malwarebytes log here

I'm not sure I'll be able to, am operating off phone here, laptop gone back to way it was earlier after brief respite. super anti spyware found a further 17 items in a full scan, doing a full malware bytes scan now, both back in safe mode, taking ages.

couldn't download avg either, kept falling at the last fence.

any good place in Galway can fix this?

I'm not from galway myself so not sure. I really need to see logs from mbam to help you fix it, use safe mode with networking if you have to

• Advertisement

JSA, Thanks for the help, I got it sorted out in Laptek in Galway, was full of virus'.

Advertisement