Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Security release fee aib

Options
  • 14-08-2013 3:31pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,880 ✭✭✭

I want to pay off my mortgage. There is no break fee as its standard annuity mortgage .. This confirmed by aib.

They want 60 euro as a security release fee.

I think this is a joke. They have made plenty as interest from me. I never heard of this before in relation to other loans :bank loans
    : credit union loans

Has anyone ever argued successfully against this fee?

I haven't checked the contract will do in next few days ... Appreciate any advice !

Paddy

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,916 ✭✭✭shopaholic01

It probably is covered in your contract. Probably an administration fee to release the deeds of your property etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,326 ✭✭✭phormium

Fairly standard vacate/release security fee, would imagine all banks charge something similar, mainly only applies to mortgages not ordinary loans.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,880 ✭✭✭2012paddy2012

phormium wrote: »
    Fairly standard vacate/release security fee, would imagine all banks charge something similar, mainly only applies to mortgages not ordinary loans.

It's in the contract Thks all

• Registered Users Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭homer911

I cleared my mortgae in 2007 with NIB/Danske. At the time they quoted a release fee of €80. They also advised that them continuing to hold the mortgage on the property would make it easier and cheaper to release equity if needed, and I wouldnt have to pay someone to store the title deeds. I left the mortgage on the property..

Advertisement