Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Joe Rogan Questions Everything

Options
  • 14-08-2013 2:01pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 27,857 ✭✭✭✭

New show presented by Joe Rogan in which he indulges every alleged paranormal phenomenon & conspiracy theory that he has dabbled in for his whole life. The token bit of skepticism seems to crop up from time to time to give the show a bit of credibility, but it's clear who this show is geared towards.

Episode 1 here - about Bigfoot

I'm only 7 mins into it, but so far he spoken to a true-believer who claims to have encountered Bigfoot first-hand. Joe, being skeptical, has questions, and "needs science", so he seeks out none other than champion of the Bigfoot cause, Jeff Meldrum!

There's still plenty of time left in the show, so he might get on a genuine skeptic to challenge Dr Meldrum's claims, but we'll see..... ;)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,664 ✭✭✭✭maccored

tv like that bores me. I thought the paranormal tv thing was dead.

• Registered Users Posts: 513 ✭✭✭leddpipe

anything with Rogan is worth watching, usually!Content isn't very compelling, but hes a hoot!

I have met him a few times and he tries to be skeptic , but the other side of him is just too powerful i think. He has toned down alot though since the rise of the UFC.

I have met him a few times and he tries to be skeptic , but the other side of him is just too powerful i think. He has toned down alot though since the rise of the UFC.

you've met Joe Rogan?where?

leddpipe wrote: »
    you've met Joe Rogan?where?

UFC events, i get ringside for work :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 27,857 ✭✭✭✭Dave!

Jammy pig!

Dave! wrote: »
    Jammy pig!

HAHA , intend the pun ?

No :( What's the pun?

No :( What's the pun?

My group is the PIGS :D

i_see_what_you_did_there_scariest_movie_of_all_time-s1500x1374-310972-580.png

• Advertisement

thats cool my new best friend :)

• Registered Users Posts: 27,564 ✭✭✭✭steddyeddy

New show presented by Joe Rogan in which he indulges every alleged paranormal phenomenon & conspiracy theory that he has dabbled in for his whole life. The token bit of skepticism seems to crop up from time to time to give the show a bit of credibility, but it's clear who this show is geared towards.

Episode 1 here - about Bigfoot

I'm only 7 mins into it, but so far he spoken to a true-believer who claims to have encountered Bigfoot first-hand. Joe, being skeptical, has questions, and "needs science", so he seeks out none other than champion of the Bigfoot cause, Jeff Meldrum!

There's still plenty of time left in the show, so he might get on a genuine skeptic to challenge Dr Meldrum's claims, but we'll see..... ;)

Someone who claims to have seen bigfoot is an important person to interview regarding bigfoot. The phrase true believer on your part shows a bias aswell.

On the science part Jeff Meldrum is a well respected scientist outside the bigfoot interest.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,564 ✭✭✭✭steddyeddy

I wish guys would stop saying "he should be more skeptic" I would have a lot more hope for someone trying to be more scientific. Skepticisim isn't a scientific position as many think.

Both skepticisim and paranormal ilk are different sides of the same coin. If you start of an investigation on either side you are biased. Joe shouldn't be on any side at all starting off. A scientific investigation starts of with a hypothesis that we disprove or disprove. We start of from a postion of not knowing and any inclination towards the hypothesis being true or untrue is unscientific.

Advertisement