Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Salary Protecion Scheme

Options
  • 14-08-2013 1:18am
    Registered Users Posts: 344 ✭✭

got a call from Cornmarket offering a free financial assessment before going back to school... a guy called to my house today, went through my P60, Payslip, checked point on the scale and said I would be due my next increment in sept. ( I am well under 65000e so he says I will still getmy increment?) I was offered a salary protection scheme,tax relief at 41%, it would offer 75% of my salary if I get sick/disabled right up to 60 or 62yr- I cant remember exactly when I am to retire(must check my paperwork. also if I were to pass away hubbie would get twice my annual salary in a lump sum.

Due to the new sick pay laws in, our sick pay is greatly affected if one goes out sick for a long period of times ( the first 3months full pay, next three months at half pay , them it is onto social welfare)
    my question is
    what is cornmarket like to deal with heaven forbid I ever had to make a claim for my 75% salary.. is their scheme good? I asked to keep the paperwork and have a second look at the detail... the guy was ok about it, would have preferred to take the filled out paperwork away and then buzz me next week to confirm .... any ideas/experiences please

Advertisement