Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Late Late Show Audience

Options
  • 13-08-2013 11:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 441 ✭✭

So I have landed myself with tickets to go to the new season! I am excited to hopefully get some freebies.. :D Has any body been before? What is it like!? ..

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 429 ✭✭ghiertal

Can anyone tell me how much notification do you get if you have been successful in applying for tickets? and do they let you know if have not won tickets for the forthcoming season? I applied at the start of this month and have heard nothing back since then.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,657 ✭✭✭CountyHurler

So I have landed myself with tickets to go to the new season! I am excited to hopefully get some freebies.. :D Has any body been before? What is it like!? ..

I bet you end up changing your username on the way back from Montrose next Friday.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,628 ✭✭✭darkdubh

Expect a dazzling line up of guests.Twink followed by Paul Williams and someone from Fair City.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,444 ✭✭✭✭Skid X

I bet you end up changing your username on the way back from Montrose next Friday.
    darkdubh wrote: »
    Expect a dazzling line up of guests.Twink followed by Paul Williams and someone from Fair City.

She started the thread over a year ago so the damage is long done by now!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,819 ✭✭✭fussyonion

ghiertal wrote: »
    Can anyone tell me how much notification do you get if you have been successful in applying for tickets? and do they let you know if have not won tickets for the forthcoming season? I applied at the start of this month and have heard nothing back since then.

LMAO I applied for tickets TEN YEARS ago and I'm still waiting.
    What makes you think you're getting some soon?!

• Advertisement

fussyonion wrote: »
    LMAO I applied for tickets TEN YEARS ago and I'm still waiting.
    What makes you think you're getting some soon?!

But plenty of people do get tickets soon after they apply. RTE select the audience from the ticket applications received each year - they don't keep old requests. Your application ten years ago would have been binned at the end of that series.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,739 ✭✭✭ShatterProof

fussyonion wrote: »
    LMAO I applied for tickets TEN YEARS ago and I'm still waiting.[

You lucky lucky bastard

• Registered Users Posts: 10 hughes81

ghiertal wrote: »

I applied 3 weeks ago and just received an email informing me that I bagged 2 tickets for next week's show. Looks like they select winners a week in advance. Your application should be good for a whole season though.

• Registered Users Posts: 839 ✭✭✭polydactyl

So have gotten 4 tickets for next weeks show the 2/3/18. Parents wildly excited so have to go but anyway of finding out in advance what the theme or guests are to steal myself???

• Registered Users Posts: 10 hughes81

polydactyl wrote: »
    So have gotten 4 tickets for next weeks show the 2/3/18. Parents wildly excited so have to go but anyway of finding out in advance what the theme or guests are to steal myself???

When I went, I didn’t find out until the day of the show. Think I heard it in Tubridy’s morning radio show. They try to link things up to whatever interest you put on your application so if you can recall your “interested celebs” that you put down, it may give an indication.
    Enjoy it either way!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,671 ✭✭✭brian_t

hughes81 wrote: »
    They try to link things up to whatever interest you put on your application so if you can recall your “interested celebs” that you put down, it may give an indication.

I'd find that very hard to believe. Did you hear it from someone in RTE.

• Registered Users Posts: 72,286 ✭✭✭✭Welsh Megaman

polydactyl wrote: »

I’ll guess Jason Byrne, Keith Barry and Philomena Begley.

:D

Seriously, keep checking Broadsheet.ie a few days beforehand, they usually post the guest list.

Given the weather Polydactyl, even the RTÉ Canteen STAFF might not be available on Friday :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,850 ✭✭✭dball

charlie bird hasnt been on in weeks, he bound to show up

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,046 ✭✭✭Berserker

hughes81 wrote: »
    They try to link things up to whatever interest you put on your application so if you can recall your “interested celebs” that you put down, it may give an indication.
    Enjoy it either way!

Note that you have a keen interest in misery, death, JFK and D. Trump and you are guaranteed to get tickets.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,827 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

Perhaps no LLS audience this Friday as a result of the 'snowflakes', lol.

I heard Ryan's Radio Show this morning, he said the LLS was going ahead on Friday ...

If only the RTE interviewees and a handful of the audience can get to Donnybrook they should move it to the RTE Canteen for the week that's in it!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,490 ✭✭✭amtc

It's all about demographics. I went with my dad. Me (at the time) 30 something blonde and my 70ish dad. Had to state we weren't members of political parties

• Registered Users Posts: 2,022 ✭✭✭anthonyjmaher

It baffles me how anybody could watch a Ryan Tubridy Late Late Show and say "Jaysus I've love to go to that, that looks like a great night's entertainment". Honestly, pressing the power button on the TV remote is more effort than is justified by Tubridy's Late Late, never mind driving for two hours to RTE to see it.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,671 ✭✭✭brian_t

Given the weather Polydactyl, even the RTCanteen STAFF might not be available on Friday :D

There seems to be a few "celebs" stranded in Dublin, some of them might turn up.

• Advertisement

brian_t wrote: »
    There seems to be a few "celebs" stranded in Dublin, some of them might turn up.

Good idea, Brian.

There is a Red Alert until 6pm tomorrow ... if it is extended any longer the LLS might be in doubt for tomorrow.

In the old days Gay would have thrived on this, made a few calls and got a few good guests in to have a chat about how the nation is getting on with life.

Not sure Ryan would have the same approach.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,350 ✭✭✭doolox

....and well connected Army, Garda and Government creatures will probably figure prominently on the Late Late Snore this week.

• Administrators Posts: 13,861 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Big Bag of Chips

amtc wrote: »
    It's all about demographics. I went with my dad. Me (at the time) 30 something blonde...

How did they know you were a 30 something blonde? There are thousands of applications for tickets. And you're most likely put in a FIFO system. The colour of your hair really has no bearing on when you get tickets.

There are thousands of applications for tickets. And you're most likely put in a FIFO system.

Nope, demographics are significant when they choose the audience.

It is not done on a first in basis.

Ryan has just said on his radio show even HE doesn’t know who’s going to be on tonight!

This can only be good :pac:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 300 ✭✭garbo speaks

I doubt it :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 81,827 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

Ryan has just said on his radio show even HE doesn’t know who’s going to be on tonight!

My guest list for tonight would be weather related...
    • The army lad who stands in the government press conferences but they never let talk to the media
    • A group of elderly people in to talk about the great snow of 1982 and how the modern people have it too easy with their fancy coded weather warnings and alerts
    • Neven Maguire in to do some cookery demonstrations on what can be made with loaves of bread and milk
    • A lunatic skilled inventor who has ideas how to convert the ordinary hatchback car in to a snow mobile with just a few parts picked up from Woodies DIY.
    • Jim Corr in to talk about how the whole crisis was caused by the Russians creating a weather weapon that is designed to kill every member of the Illuminati
    • Music by people stranded at Dublin Airport brought in to sing a few merry tunes

Bad news if The People Of The Year Show is your thing.

No word on The Late Late Snow Show, at this point in time.

https://twitter.com/RehabGroup/status/969535076366213122

• Administrators Posts: 13,861 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Big Bag of Chips

Skid X wrote: »
    Nope, demographics are significant when they choose the audience.

It is not done on a first in basis.

How do they know hair colour though?!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,671 ✭✭✭Brian Scan

How do they know hair colour though?!

They see it when they're nit-picking.

Advertisement