Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bobble bottle (water filtering)

Options
  • 13-08-2013 9:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,912 ✭✭✭

I'm undertaking a long hike and was wondering if this water bottle filter would be good enough to filter water from sources we come across along our way, so streams, rivers, etc.

My boyf uses it to filter tap water but we're not 100% confident about it for natural outdoor water sources.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,327 ✭✭✭Profiler

No, the carbon filter in the bobble is only designed to remove chlorine and other impurities from already treated tap water.

I wouldn't risk using it for a water source I didn't know.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,088 ✭✭✭aaakev

Water purification tabs will see you right

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,695 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tabnabs

For the gold plated version http://www.lifesaversystems.com/lifesaver-products/lifesaver-bottle would be one of the best you can buy for this type of thing.

Advertisement