Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Need some fun original ideas - Adventure race team awards night

Options
  • 13-08-2013 7:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,075 ✭✭✭

Hello all,
    I already posted this in the adventure racing forum, but wasn't getting any feedback so I figured I would try the good folk of After Hours for some inspiration.

Basically a gang of us are doing the Westport Sea to Summit Adventure Race this November. Approx 15 people. It involves lots of running, climbing mountains & cycling.
    It's for my cousins 30th birthday. He is travelling from London and is bringing friends from all over the place.
    We are of varying degrees of fitness and ability so it is predominately an excuse to get together to drink pints.
    I only know about 3 of the guys coming but was hoping to do some sort of fun awards night as a surprise for the cousin after the race. Maybe with an adventure race theme, but this is not crucial.
    I was hoping to try to get an award for each competitor - so maybe 15 in total. Ages ranging from 26/27 to 45.

I was thinking along the lines of;

1. The Johnny Vegas Lifetime achievement award for services to adventure racing
    2. Prettiest legs on the mountain award
    3. The Victoria Beckham award for best dressed competitor
    4. Masters winner
    5. Junior winner

If any of you guys have come across anything like this before please share ideas for daft/silly/funny awards I can give out.

All ideas very much appreciated and welcome.!!

Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 463 ✭✭Christ the Redeemer

Most graceful beard award.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,396 ✭✭✭Frosty McSnowballs

Best face award

• Registered Users Posts: 20,299 ✭✭✭✭MadsL

Award for saying what the fuck is adventure racing?

Do I win?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,075 ✭✭✭W123-80's

Most graceful beard award.

Nice. Couple of beardys coming along too.!

The Stephen Hawking award for most spritely competitor.

The Bear Grylls award for most useless pissbag

• Advertisement

MadsL wrote: »
    Award for saying what the fuck is adventure racing?

Do I win?

Considering the crowd coming, I imagine someone will utter something similar on the day.!
    Which would pretty much guarantee them the inaugural;
    "MadsL award for wondering what Adventure Racing is"

The Bear Grylls award for most useless pissbag

Or most useless piss drinker...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,557 ✭✭✭KeithM89

The Sweatiest armpits award,
    'Youre only here because we needed the numbers' award and
    'We know you cheated on your wife' medal.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,299 ✭✭✭✭The Backwards Man

A Who Wins The Most Awards Award.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,851 ✭✭✭✭Quazzie

The "Thanks for risking you life coming to Connaught" award for the person who traveled the furthest.

The Darwin award for the person who doesn't make it

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,516 ✭✭✭wazky

Most likely to be left in Westport for being a pain in the arse Award.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,952 ✭✭✭Lando Griffin

Maybe you should cut the awards down three; 15 is a bit much and have gold silver and bronze medals representing first second and third.
    I run an annual fantasy football and nobody outside the top three get prizes.

Maybe you should cut the awards down three; 15 is a bit much and have gold silver and bronze medals representing first second and third.

You are cut, nobody wants to play with you anymore Lando....here's your ball, now go home!

• Registered Users Posts: 20,411 ✭✭✭✭kneemos

Quickest to down a pint award,best piss take on the Irish accent and the gayest hiking boots award.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,299 ✭✭✭✭MadsL

W123-80's wrote: »
    Considering the crowd coming, I imagine someone will utter something similar on the day.!
    Which would pretty much guarantee them the inaugural;
    "MadsL award for wondering what Adventure Racing is"

Have a sweepstake on how long it takes to utter "WTF? I have to climb a fucking mountain before I can have a pint, fuck off!!!"

It sounds like a terrible way to treat a group with "mixed fitness levels"...

Fitness nazis?

For the oldest guy "thanks for not Croagh-ing it on my watch" award

Probably the more sensible option alright. Although there is a couple of good ones already suggested here, I think I'll see how the ideas come along and take it from there.
    In hindsight 15 is prob a bit much alright, be pretty boring by the time we got to the 15th award..!

For the oldest guy "thanks for not Croagh-ing it on my watch" award

Nice.!
    Ba dum tish.

• Registered Users Posts: 463 ✭✭Christ the Redeemer

Nice. Couple of beardys coming along too.!

*cracks knuckles*

The fix is in..

MadsL wrote: »
    Have a sweepstake on how long it takes to utter "WTF? I have to climb a fucking mountain before I can have a pint, fuck off!!!"

It sounds like a terrible way to treat a group with "mixed fitness levels"...

Fitness nazis?

F*ck them.. they know what they are signing up for. The beer will taste all the sweeter.!
    The sweepstake is a good plan. Fancy my chances winning that one.!

• Advertisement

Nice.!
    Ba dum tish.

It's the best I had :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,473 ✭✭✭Wacker The Attacker

Milf of the year.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,795 ✭✭✭Red Kev

15 lads? Best/worst groomed arse crack award.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 90,827 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,570 ✭✭✭Mint Aero

You in your 30's OP? You sound like you're in your 30's. Sorry to hear that.

Advertisement