Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

"Internal camera temperature is getting too high"

Options
  • 13-08-2013 5:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,023 ✭✭✭

This notice just appeared on my camera (Canon 600D). It has never appeared before. I was unable to take any more photos on it, in any mode. Would anybody know the cause of this problem, or the solution to it? Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28,789 ✭✭✭✭ScumLord

It could be a faulty component inside that's causing the overheating. Unless you're taking photos inside an oven?

Contact support.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 48,604 CMod ✭✭✭✭magicbastarder

does it disappear after you've let the camera sit for an hour or two? could be a faulty temperature sensor.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,392 ✭✭✭AnCatDubh

are you using live view constantly ? not sure of the canon but many brands will have difficulty using live view for long periods of time - the sensor I believe heats up and because with live view it is constantly in use, it has a treshold which it shouldn't / can't pass in terms of temperature. If this is the case then the solution may be to learn to use the viewfinder. This doesn't imply there is an issue with your camera. To the contrary your camera may be just doing its job - telling you that it can't shoot until it cools down so as permanent damage isn't done. DSLR's only added live view as afterthoughts. Live view typically would be used for odd shooting conditions - awkward position of camera meaning that you can't shoot via viewfinder, maybe macro with manual focus where you want to see the likely result before you shoot.

Anyone, perhaps this is a possibility.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 9,047 CMod ✭✭✭✭CabanSail

What were you doing at the time it occurred? What was the environment like?

I had a Temp Warning on one of my SB900 Flash units recently. I was firing it fairly hard at full power. Had to change to the other unit and use the built in flash for fill.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,026 ✭✭✭kelly1

Were you shooting video?

• Advertisement
Advertisement