Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

LPT and Landlord

Options
  • 13-08-2013 5:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4

I am currently being pursued for property tax on a rental property in which I no longer live. The letting agency/landlord is refusing to supply me with the landlord's pps number and address in order to rectify the situation with the revenue service. I have supplied the revenue service with a copy of the lease but as it does not contain the Landlord's home address and PPS number they will not accept it as proof of ownership. What recourse do I have?

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 22,324 CMod ✭✭✭✭Pawwed Rig

Have you called Revenue and explained to them the the property is not yours? You do not have a liability unless you own the property (assuming you are living in Republic of Ireland).

• Registered Users Posts: 9,504 ✭✭✭runawaybishop

You don;t even own the place, let alone live in it. Tell them that and that should be the end of it. Give them the letting agency if you want.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,027 ✭✭✭Lantus

only the owner is liable. as you are not the owner which even a simple land registry search would show you are not liable. explain clearly. in writing.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 202 ✭✭camphor

Lantus wrote: »
    only the owner is liable. as you are not the owner which even a simple land registry search would show you are not liable. explain clearly. in writing.
    Not every property is registered in the Land Registry so a simple search will not establish that the o/p does not own the property.
    The o/p should have the name and address of the agent and proof of payment of rent. The o/p does not have to prove who owns the house, only that he doesn't.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Dr.A

Thank you all for your taking the time to respond to my query. After many telephone calls and emails to the letting agency I have finally managed to obtain the information that I needed and it has been forwarded to the revenue service this morning.

• Advertisement
Advertisement