Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lipsync issue after connecting DVD recorder

Options
  • 13-08-2013 4:13pm
    Registered Users Posts: 663 ✭✭✭

Just purchased a DVD recorder with intention of archiving stuff from the UPC Digibox.

All working fine apart from one issue - I've connected the phono audio output from the DVd recorder to my hi-fi amp, and *sometimes* the video on the TV seems to lag behind the audio by a noticeable amount.

Have researched it and it seems that some new flat screen TVs can lag behind the audio, and the solution is to connect the optical audio out from the TV direct to the amp.

Sounds feasible, but does anyone know if this works? Also I'd need an optical/phono converter(amp is old) - I've seen them in Maplin for around €18, but are they available anywhere else (Don't like Maplin too much any more, since they hiked their prices).

Also does anyone know why the above problem only seems to happen some of the time and not always?

Advertisement