Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

C&C Please: Clifton Suspension Bridge

Options
  • 13-08-2013 4:05pm
    Registered Users Posts: 385 ✭✭

Hi,

I was in Bristol for the balloon fiesta over the weekend. It was too windy on Sunday for the hot air balloons to launch, unfortunately, so I didn't get a chance to take the pics I'd hoped for. I took myself up to the Clifton Suspension Bridge in the evening instead and took these.

I'm trying to work on my night photography and in particular processing the RAW files. Am I overdoing things?

#1 was my first attempt, and this is the JPG as processed by the camera. The picture is spoiled a bit by the construction fencing.
    9497846362_a83bd9a73d.jpg
    Clifton Suspension Bridge at Night by MoreSidamo, on Flickr

#2 is the same as #1, but with some tweaking done in ACR:
    9497848704_0f84f995b0.jpg

#3 is my favourite:
    9495050151_cddedac42d.jpg

#4 was probably the best exposure of the sky, but the bridge is a bit overexposed. I corrected as best I could:
    9495051477_6c2499ef2f.jpg

All taken with a Sigma 10-20mm on the end of a D3100.

All comments appreciated!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28,789 ✭✭✭✭ScumLord

The picture is spoiled a bit by the construction fencing.
    I didn't even notice it was a construction fence. The English are so neat it looked like a normal fence.

If you're using photoshop you could just drop the exposure of the foreground so it's not distracting.

Advertisement