Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What's Ongar, Dublin like as a place to live?

Options
  • 13-08-2013 2:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1

Hi,

I am thinking of buying a house in Ongar park, Dublin 15. Does any one have any experience of living in that area and know what it's like?

I've read in older posts that some people have had problems of cars being broken into, is this still an issue?

Also what's the build quality like of the house's? I think they were built by Manor Park who have since gone into liquidation.

Thanks,

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,983 ✭✭✭✭Cuddlesworth

I just moved into a penthouse in the area a month ago.

Build quality isn't great, I've lived in three penthouses in total and this is the first where I've been able to hear a significant amount of noise from both the apartments under me and the outside as well. I'd shudder to think about what I sound like upstairs to my neighbors.

It's not quite rough, but its not quite great either. I wouldn't feel comfortable strolling around a night without being slightly on edge. I've already encountered one violent incident, though it wasn't random and was targeted towards a specific individual.

Its a very multicultural area. Also a very dense population, with the usual issues involving that many people in such a close space.

Not really much around in terms of parks or walks. I don't count 4 fields with a line of hedges between them as a actual park.

Plenty of shops though, with Blanch down the road and a sizable Dunnes in Ongar itself.

Honest answer, I don't think I would consider buying there but I'm happy to rent in the short term.

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭conor2ka

ongar itself is quite good IMO . there are public basketball courts now open . and a school down the road which will open its courts free of charge. it is good for youth i guess. there is dunnes on your doorstep with a chipper 2 Chinese's newsagent bakery deli pub . its safe enough . there will be spots you would want to avoid like any other place but all in all is very good. i do agree it is multi cultural but most people i have encountered are quite friendly.

Advertisement