Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Quick one....mortgage application with negative equity

Options
  • 13-08-2013 1:32pm
    Registered Users Posts: 729 ✭✭✭

Does your negative equity impact your application for an additional mortage? So is the second application based on your ability to pay or will they (current or new bank) just look the other way if you already have one in negative equity? Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,256 ✭✭✭Trish56

Majority of lenders are now offering Negative Equity Mortgages subject to certain conditions such no arrears on current mortgage, total borrowing not to exceed 175% of the value of the new property and of course the ability the repay new mortgage. Who have you existing mortgage with?

• Registered Users Posts: 729 ✭✭✭Robertr

Yeah, that's an option but I am on a very good tracker so would prefer to be paying the negative equity at my current rate then move to market rate if I was to carry to new mortgage. Also, I feel that my property has reached its bottom so don't mind looking at it as a fresh investment. The repayment capacity is not a problem.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,256 ✭✭✭Trish56

You can apply for a mortgage for a new property and retain the existing property and rent out and should be able to hold on to your tracker rate.

Once you can prove repayment capacity for both mortgages there should be no problem.
    Trish 56

Advertisement