Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Laptop Screeen Broken/Repair

Options
  • 13-08-2013 12:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 988 ✭✭✭

Anyway to repair my dell laptop screen.How much would it cost in the shop?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,835 ✭✭✭Torqay

1shot16 wrote: »
    How much would it cost in the shop?

Call your local computer store and ask for a quote.

Or order a replacement LCD (on ebay) and do it yourself. It ain't arcane science and video tutorials for pretty much any laptop can be found on youtube.

• Registered Users Posts: 988 ✭✭✭1shot16

Torqay wrote: »
    Call your local computer store and ask for a quote.

Or order a replacement LCD (on ebay) and do it yourself. It ain't arcane science and video tutorials for pretty much any laptop can be found on youtube.

See the exact model being done on youtube!See if i can get the screen,Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 988 ✭✭✭1shot16

Not Cheap like 100 usd for a screen.Think ill leave it so.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,576 ✭✭✭excollier

Cheaper than a new laptop.
    If you really don't want to replace the screen, then remove it, buy a second hand desktop monitor and use it as a desktop computer. I did the same and use it more than the other laptop.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,491 ✭✭✭looking_around

and careful buying the screen, make sure (get it in writing -if new of course) that they offer a year warranty!

I got burnt with an ebay seller, paid 60 quid for a screen that failed 4 months later(them only offering 3 months warranty) .
    __
    Even if you're buying from somewhere trusted, make sure to have that. You won't want the hassle if something goes wrong.

They are however very easily replaced, and something you can do yourself, most repair shops will charge you about 40/50 to replace on top of screen price. My local shop charges 150! (they get screens at approx 50-70 euro)
    __

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 96 ✭✭CWone

excollier wrote: »
    Cheaper than a new laptop.
    If you really don't want to replace the screen, then remove it, buy a second hand desktop monitor and use it as a desktop computer. I did the same and use it more than the other laptop.

My screen also broken and too expensive to replace but just wondering do you have to remove the screen from the laptop? Was thinking I could connect my laptop to a new monitor or tv screen that has a vga connection. Was hoping to kill 2 birds by getting new small portable tv that I can use as monitor as well:)

You could leave the broken screen in place, but it will just get in the way.

• Registered Users Posts: 96 ✭✭CWone

Thats great thanks excollier - gonna buy the portable at the weekend and probably buy a lighter little laptop that I can carry about.

Hope it works out.

Advertisement