Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Usain Bolt lightening photo

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,852 ✭✭✭Hugh_C

other than the lightning it's a p1ss poor shot.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 48,616 CMod ✭✭✭✭magicbastarder

it's a novelty shot.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 4,948 ✭✭✭pullandbang

Loire wrote: »
    Some people calling it the sports photo of the decade.

You'd have to wonder who the "Some people" are....

• Registered Users Posts: 7,515 ✭✭✭Outkast_IRE

Its not that great a shot. Wouldn't exactly be looking for a print to hang on the wall or anything.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,295 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

Why is the middle part so darkened? Look a the flags. All lit up except for under the "MOSCOW 2013" part...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,186 ✭✭✭kensutz

You need to remember that it was a remote trigger so even though there was an element of luck to the photo. The photographer could have made an error in setting it up and it's why it appears so dark. Being on a remote means that it was focused on the lane that Bolt was due to run in and framed for a wide angle shot in the hope that he got a celebration from him.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,281 ✭✭✭Ricky91t

1149312_10152143640658858_1696014507_o.jpg

Just saw this photo and it reminded me of this thread, I much prefer this but obviously it hasn't got the bolt in it!

Source.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,944 ✭✭✭pete4130

It's a poor shot with a lightning bolt happening to be present int he background and a guy with the surname Bolt at a winning race who is popular in media right now. If those coincidences make it the the photo of the decade then it's a bad choice.

• Registered Users Posts: 221 ✭✭TTWNF

I dunno i appreciate the photo for what's in it rather than it's technical merits...

Advertisement