Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

My Story...

Options
  • 13-08-2013 3:32am
    Registered Users Posts: 2

---

My name is Michael and I'm seventeen years old. I live in a rural part of Western Ireland. I'm currently in secondary school and I'll be starting the LC (End of Holidays) in two weeks.

While I have the best friends that anyone could ask for (Some know, others don't), there's this one person that I really love. Everything about him, I love. While I did like another person, I didn't feel like we were connected but this person, different.

Unfortunately, his reaction isn't the same..... He doesn't, which is painful to know and upsets me very, very much. Currently, we're not friends and if we decide to be friends again, surprise.. not friends after a certain period of time (Happened about three-four times). This has put me over the edge so much, that I'd nearly run away or commit suicide. I decide not too, I'd miss everyone and everything... and my love of music. :D

While I totally understand his point of view, I feel that he mocks me, just because of my feelings for him. I asked him out on a date (Twice), and replied "Don't waste your money on me". Asked him to the Grad (During LC), "NO! GOD NO! I've already asked a girl, from x". Other numerous things like "I'm moving to x, myself and my older brother", "I'm not good enough for you", "You don't know the real me", etc...

I've know him since the very first day of seconday school, hell, I gave him a lift home when he needed it. Did Home Ec. and Woodwork together, and sat together in class with him nearly all the time. After JC, he went into LCA (Not the best option. Alot of travellers/tinkers) and I chose LCVP, ever since, he's change.

Because of this, Summer has been complete ****. Restless nights, crying to myself, faster heartbeat and felling like I can't breath at times. Since not being friends with him, I try to forget it all.

So, that's my story. Basically, what are my options? We both hang around the same people at break and lunch (Friendship circle/group, to say), so I don't know what to do. I'll feel like I'm left out.

To everyone, very sorry for the long post. Any help appreciated and thank you.

---

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,525 ✭✭✭Hoboo

Is he gay?

• Registered Users Posts: 2 NVR.2.L8

Hoboo wrote: »
    Is he gay?

Nope.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 42,362 Mod ✭✭✭✭Beruthiel

NVR.2.L8 wrote: »
    Nope.

Then you have zero options.
    Leave him be and if you cannot do that, break off contact as much as possible.

You are 17 and therefore still at the total mercy of your hormones.
    I remember 17, it's horrible.
    You tend to feel every emotion to the nth degree.
    Though it is difficult to be logical about that, try your best to see this as a phase that will pass.

I know a year seems like forever at your age, but really, it's nothing compared to the big, wide world you'll be entering next.
    Put the head down and work towards college. Six months into that and this guy will be all but forgotten.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,525 ✭✭✭Hoboo

Do what Beruthiel said.

Have to say myself though, your friend has and is being extremely if not overly patient and decent towards you, hes made it quite clear he's straight yet you havent got the message. You need to respect his sexuality too, or else lose him as a friend...............a very good friend too judging by the way he has acted.

Concentrate on gettin to college, move to a city, you wont know yourself.

* Keep harassing him and you will be cut out of the circle

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,255 ✭✭✭✭Esoteric_

Have to be honest, if you know he's straight and yet you've asked him on a date twice, and asked him to go to your grad with you, you've gone completely overboard and have strayed from 'having a crush' behaviour to 'completely obsessed' behaviour.

If it's hurting you as badly as you say, stop asking him out. He's not gay, so he's going to continually reject you, and you could easily lose friends over it if you keep asking him. Distance yourself. You're on your holidays now, so I'd imagine you don't have to see him as often. Don't text/call either.

17 is a horrible age for hormones to be going mad, not that I'm trying to downplay what you're feeling, but it's hard at that age. It's really hard! I think cutting contact as much as possible will help, as well as getting out there and distracting yourself.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22,248 ✭✭✭✭endacl

Sounds rough OP. I'm way past 17 :o, but I can assure you this won't be the last time you really want somebody who really just wants to be your friend. One of life's painful little lessons.

At sometime in the not-too-distant future, this will all be in the past.

Advertisement