Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lough Rea - fish stocks, permit, boat slipping, parking

Options
  • 12-08-2013 10:54pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6

Hi,
    I am thinking about going to Lough Rea for a day or two.
    But before I go there I would like to know something about it. What about the fish stock, species (perch, pike, trout), regulations, permits etc.
    Further I would like to fish from boat. So where can I slip it and where can I park my car? Is there any good tackle store to see from the inside?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 519 ✭✭✭viper123

Details on permits can be found on the boathouse wall, I don't have them to hand but if you want I can dig them out for you. No boats are allowed on tow though so that plan is out the window. If you're stuck I think theres a club boat you can borrow/rent.
    Difficult lake to fish to be honest, can be good fly fishing in the evenings though, and by evenings I mean from 10pm to midnight ! Fly fishing only, and trolling allowed from 10am to 8pm.
    No tackle shop locally unfortunately.

Advertisement