Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

MUSIC LEAVING CERT PRACTICAL 2014 SUGGESTIONS!!

Options
  • 12-08-2013 7:28pm
    Registered Users Posts: 9

well lads! :)
    so im doing the leaving cert in june 2014 and im doing my music practical next april.. i want to start preparing now before we go back to school not to be leaving it all last minute! im thinking of doing the music technology and being marked on singing, while accompanying myself on guitar, does anyone have any nice songs to sing? :)
    Or else i might play four on my guitar and sing another four. For my guitar i can play Blackbird by the beatles, Landslide by fleetwood mac, heartbeats by jose gonzalez, under the bridge- red hot chili peppers and a couple of others that would be too easy, but Id love to hear some ideas about songs that would be good to play and nice to sing long with! somthing thats a bit of a challenge to play, or uses nice strumming, /plucking etc technique! :D thanks a bunch!!! all suggestions greatly appreciated..:D

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 297 ✭✭Kissy Lips

Run into my heart by Dec A Thlon and the 10ks?

• Registered Users Posts: 16,125 ✭✭✭✭Pherekydes

16x400m with a 15 second recovery. No matter what you sing you won't be out of breath.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,370 ✭✭✭pconn062

I know this thread should be moved but I'll reply anyway.

How long does your programme have to be?

If I was you I would pick a contrasting programme, you want to display several different themes or emotions. For example if you have to do three pieces, perhaps pick on solo guitar piece and two vocal and guitar pieces. Do Vocal/Guitar/Vocal and do two upbeat/lively tracks and one slower piece. Pick songs that suit your voice, that will depend on whether you are male or female. Don't pick anything that is out of your comfort zone as you are bound to be nervous on the day and that could cause problems. Don't be afraid to transpose pieces either (change the key) to better suit your vocal range. Good luck!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,583 ✭✭✭skeleton_boy

Ordinary level I'd focus on Hal Higdon. Higher level you'll want to know your P&D inside out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,420 ✭✭✭Ososlo

pconn062 wrote: »
    I know this thread should be moved but I'll reply anyway.

How long does your programme have to be?

If I was you I would pick a contrasting programme, you want to display several different themes or emotions. For example if you have to do three pieces, perhaps pick on solo guitar piece and two vocal and guitar pieces. Do Vocal/Guitar/Vocal and do two upbeat/lively tracks and one slower piece. Pick songs that suit your voice, that will depend on whether you are male or female. Don't pick anything that is out of your comfort zone as you are bound to be nervous on the day and that could cause problems. Don't be afraid to transpose pieces either (change the key) to better suit your vocal range. Good luck!
    Brilliant advice! Your talents are wasted on this forum pconn:D:D:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,370 ✭✭✭pconn062

Ososlo wrote: »
    Brilliant advice! Your talents are wasted on this forum pconn:D:D:D

I've been studying music in college for 8 years now, was bound to come in handy at some stage! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,420 ✭✭✭Ososlo

pconn062 wrote: »
    I've been studying music in college for 8 years now, was bound to come in handy at some stage! :D
    OP came to the right place for advice so:D Who would have guessed!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,762 ✭✭✭✭ecoli

Mod:Moved to Leaving Cert Forum

Advertisement