Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Removing laptop optical drive

Options
  • 12-08-2013 7:21pm
    Registered Users Posts: 197 ✭✭

Does anyone know if something like this exists?

I want to remove my notebooks optical drive, but I dont want to leave a gaping hole behind. Are there any plastic type fillers/covers that can be bought to fill the space the drive used to be?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,835 ✭✭✭Torqay

Carefully remove the panel from the tray and fix it with with glue.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,576 ✭✭✭excollier

Or get a hdd caddy that fits into the dvd drive bay and add another hdd/ssd.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,491 ✭✭✭looking_around

why do you want to remove it?
    (I was expecting to see you ask about adding a second HDD not if there's something so not to leave a gapping hole XD )

As excollier said, what many are doing now, is upgrading the HDD to an SSD (for extra speed), and replacing the DVD-drive with a bay to hold the old HDD for extra storage.
    Works well ;)

You can of course, get a bay, and not add any drive.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,835 ✭✭✭Torqay

My money is on weight reduction... you know how much Ryanair charge for excessive luggage weight these days? ;)

Advertisement