Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hip and Valley Deductions for dihedral?

Options
  • 12-08-2013 6:01pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 94 ✭✭

Ok Ive forgoton what im supposed to take away from the seat cut on a standard hip at 45 to the wallplates to allow battons to fit perfect. Am I right in saying you subtract half the thickness of the hip rafter from the seat cut so the battons hit the outter edge of hip?

Also is there an easy way of working out the upstand on the valley rafter that is NOT at a 45, like more of a 60 angle. The valley has to drop so battons line up with the middle but how do I work it out?

I need a reliable answer to this tonight please

Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 194 ✭✭saltandpepper10

Megatron!! wrote: »
    Ok Ive forgoton what im supposed to take away from the seat cut on a standard hip at 45 to the wallplates to allow battons to fit perfect. Am I right in saying you subtract half the thickness of the hip rafter from the seat cut so the battons hit the outter edge of hip?

Also is there an easy way of working out the upstand on the valley rafter that is NOT at a 45, like more of a 60 angle. The valley has to drop so battons line up with the middle but how do I work it out?

I need a reliable answer to this tonight please

Thanks
    these are quite complex questions you ask op best advise i can give you is aim to keep the upstand at the outer edge of the wallplate the same height,loads of methods for this but would take a better man than me to explain to you here in a few sentences

• Closed Accounts Posts: 94 ✭✭Megatron!!

these are quite complex questions you ask op best advise i can give you is aim to keep the upstand at the outer edge of the wallplate the same height,loads of methods for this but would take a better man than me to explain to you here in a few sentences

Its ok It all came rushing back to me today. Forgot totally but after doing it it went like clockwork. cheers

Advertisement