Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Plumber or Electrician?

Options
  • 12-08-2013 2:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,002 ✭✭✭

The heating element went (blew) in our hot water tank last night.
    Is that a job for an electrician or plumber? :confused:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,842 ✭✭✭Billy Bunting

At this present moment i would still say its a plumbing job but come 1st Oct with the Electrical work in your home becoming another CER regulated cock up then just who knows who can do what when not even the REC's out there really know.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,404 ✭✭✭corkgsxr

Id say plumber too. But technically you need both.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,677 ✭✭✭shane0007

At this present moment i would still say its a plumbing job but come 1st Oct with the Electrical work in your home becoming another CER regulated cock up then just who knows who can do what when not even the REC's out there really know.
    That new law only affects works to the consumer unit. It does not affect electrical minor works.
    I have had that confirmed also.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,404 ✭✭✭corkgsxr

shane0007 wrote: »
    That new law only affects works to the consumer unit. It does not affect electrical minor works.
    I have had that confirmed also.

feck the sparks so :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 202 ✭✭bob5666

MargeS wrote: »
    The heating element went (blew) in our hot water tank last night.
    Is that a job for an electrician or plumber? :confused:

Plumber be best as immersion is more than likely gone and he is best trainned in changing it

• Advertisement
Advertisement