Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lidl Bresser's (or equivalent)

Options
  • 12-08-2013 1:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 583 ✭✭✭

I know they were branded differently this time. Anyone know if there are any of these left anywhere in Dublin? Or anyone who picked up spare pairs willing to sell me a pair? I broke my Bressers that I bought there years ago and still miss them.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 720 ✭✭✭peterako

They certainly are great value for money!

I lost a pair (left it behind) in Meath a few years ago and picked up another in Lidl shortly after.

They used to come up regularly but now they seem to be stocking another brand/make.

I picked up one of these too and they a inferior (in my opinion) to teh Bresser's.

If I ever get that lost pair back I'll let you know.

Clear skies,
    Peter

• Registered Users Posts: 1,596 ✭✭✭ps200306

The latest offering is branded "Auriol". I saw somebody on another thread suggesting that are the same as the Bressers, just rebranded but I can't vouch for that. I picked up three pairs in Lidl in Bray a few weeks back, quite some time after they were an offer of the week, and there seemed to be quite a few in stock. A friend who bought some found they didn't survive rough handling by the kids -- one of the objective lenses got knocked out of line in its tube, and when we disassembled it did look like really cheap construction and wasn't fixable. Nevertheless, from the quick look I've had through them they look quite serviceable. At 20 euro you can't really complain ... I'm keeping mine just to have something for visitors to play with while queuing for a look through the big scope. I also picked up two Aldi 70mm spotting scopes at 25 euro each. Had a look at the moon they other night and it was pretty good. It was a second quarter moon so lots of good craters on the terminator. I would guess the view is no better (and maybe worse) than decent binoculars, but having a mini tripod to rest it on makes it that much more usable.

Advertisement