Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Motorsport Ireland Facebook Page

Options
  • 12-08-2013 11:32am
    Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭

Hi Guys.

I'm looking for some feedback from you on this forum if you can spare a few mins.

A couple of months ago we started the official Motorsport Ireland Facebook page and have been populating it with stories, reports, previews etc about Irish related (domestic and international) drivers and teams. We know that it wont cover every one of them out there because we are very dependent on getting the info sent to us which can sometimes be hard.

If you have seen the page can you let me know what you think of it and offer constructive suggestions if you have any as to how we might improve it.

I look forward to hearing from you at some point!

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Motorsport-Ireland/270647979706416

All the best

RichB

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 317 ✭✭Bugatti

Hi Rich. I like the page, just had a quick look and there seems to be lots of posts that interest me. One thing I would suggest (if you aren't already doing it!) is maybe to make posts aimed at people looking to get involved in the different areas of Motorsport. Its something thats always asked on the forum and it might be good if Motorsport Ireland used their FB page to address the questions people might have.

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭richb6987

Thanks Bugatti for the response. We have recently received access to a series of videos that we will be posting soon about getting involved with Motorsport from a more generic / global perspective including training, disciplines, sponsorship and so on. However I like your suggestion and I will try and get an article together that will explain how the sport works here in Ireland and what you have to do to start getting involved. Its all on teh MI website but might be a bit too clinical for a person starting out.

Many thanks again.

Rich

• Registered Users Posts: 1,160 ✭✭✭De Hipster

Hi Rich - I am subscribed to the facebook page & get useful updates in relation to national events and entry regulations etc.

However I think you could improve the quality of the service by limiting the 'spam type' advertising and unregulated posts that are not MSI approved, such as individuals posting goods & services freely and on a sometimes too regular basis.

Otherwise ...keep up the good work!

• Registered Users Posts: 445 ✭✭Froststop

Rallying needs to be publicised as much as possible, so maybe a weekly post/story on a different driver/navigator or the people involved in the organisation & running of events and what they do for the good of the sport. Give sponsors of competitors & events a plug but stop unrelated posting or advertising. Competitors can't compete without them and they get little in return.

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭richb6987

Froststop wrote: »
    stop unrelated posting or advertising.

Froststop. Many thanks for your response. As the FB page grows we will be trying to add more as we go along. We really like the ideas you have above and will look at doing something like this as we move on. The Keith Cronin Questions and answers this week was our first try at something similar and it was quite successful.

I am sure that you will appreciate that there are a lot of different disciplines in Motorsport and when we get information relation to any of the we will try to highlight it where we can. Rallying gets most of the coverage as it stands as those involved are most active in providing information.

Re the quote above - Can you expand upon this for me please. Can you offer us examples of unrelated posting and advertising. I have seen a few from posters re houses for rent or storage facilities. They are so few we have ignored them and they more or less are relevant to a rally or one of the other disciplines or could be to someone involved in Motorsport. If this is very annoying we will look at cutting it back or out.

it is possible that we don't get to see what you see so if you are been bombarded with irrelevant advertising please let us know.

Again thanks for the feedback.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 445 ✭✭Froststop

Unrelated posts: I don't have examples but have come across a few from time to time so you may want to check the privacy settings to insure no posts can be put up without MI vetting/approval.

The next time I come across anything I'll let you know.

"so maybe a weekly post/story on a different driver/navigator or the people involved in the organisation & running of events and what they do for the good of the sport."

The Keith Cronin Q&A is a good idea.
    Club men, organisers, officials etc, try to do little stories about what they do for the sport.

Try to give the club man a little something back for their work at events.

A small thing goes along way for PR.

Advertisement