Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Which bank is best?

Options
  • 12-08-2013 1:12am
    Registered Users Posts: 5,751 ✭✭✭

I want to open an account and can't find if AIB is better or Bank of Ireland?

Can you please tell me which bank do not charge monthly fees? Also, which has better internet banking and less charges if i withdraw money from ATM?

Sometimes I need to transfer money outside Europe, which bank would give better value in this case?

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 419 ✭✭Mort5000

Compare fees: NCA dot IE

International transfer in AIB is between 12 and 22 depending on the options you select.
    BOI appears to charge between 19 and 25.

Keep in mind that the banks keep changing their fees and fee strategy, so even a "free" bank may not be free in a few weeks or months from now.

Go into your local branches and see what the customer service is like, then open with the bank most convenient for you.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,018 ✭✭✭✭murphaph

There are almost certainly other ways to make your international transfers than directly with your bank (who will probably charge the most). So I'd look at day to day fees for banking in Ireland when making my decision.

No bank operating in Ireland offers no strings attached free banking. Currently it is impossible to avoid fees in some shape or form with both AIB and BoI, so I'd look elsewhere. If you meet PTSB's minimum €1500 lodgement (not balance, and can be several lodgements, even the same money withdrawn and lodged) per month then that will probably be your best bet.

Advertisement