Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rag Worm

Options
  • 11-08-2013 7:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 834 ✭✭✭

I dug a load of rag this morning for use with the afternoon tide, but something came up and i started fishing late.
    I now have a bucket of rag that i cant use till friday evening. will they keep for a few days in the fridge, or am i wasting my time and my bait.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,341 ✭✭✭.red.

put them into trays with about 10/12 in each and enough sea water to just cover them. change the water every day and remove any dead broken worms.
    ensure the water is the same temp as the worms or the sudden change can kill them, this happens more with maddies but can happen with kings too

• Registered Users Posts: 834 ✭✭✭indie armada

Im away out the far side of ashbourne, no sea water out this way, i have them in a container with a lot of the sandy/mud i dug up with them and some seaweed. They probably wont last too long like that so will just have to give them away or dump them. thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 3,341 ✭✭✭.red.

Chance putting them into newspaper with a bit of the seaweed, again 10/12 per pack in the fridge. Drain as much water out as you can to keep the seaweed damp. Some will probably last for you check daily for broken worms.

• Registered Users Posts: 834 ✭✭✭indie armada

ill give it a go, but if anyone in the area wants them there welcome to them.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 15,858 ✭✭✭✭paddy147

12-15 rag max in a lightly wrapped neswpaper pack.

Newspaper,some seaweed and a small bit of grit or cat litter sprinkled in.

Does the job nicely.

Check them daily and remove any dead or brokwn worms from packs.

I used to dig bait for a living...many years ago and supplied a few shops in my time.

• Advertisement
Advertisement