Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Register365 www prefix

Options
  • 11-08-2013 5:55pm
    Registered Users Posts: 11,262 ✭✭✭✭

I'm having some issues with a domain. www.domain.com works fine, but domain.com does not. The site is hosted on a server at home and I use a dynamic dns provider to access it.

On register365 i've set the CNAME to point to the dynamic dns site and this works ok for the www prefix but not without. As the IP Address is dynamic I can't set A type.

What do I need to do to get domain.com to point to my dynamic dns host?

Comments

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 4,621 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr. G

Could you post a sample of your DNS records you have at the moment?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,262 ✭✭✭✭jester77

I have the following at the moment:

A 195.7.226.20
    www CNAME domain.com

And I have web forwarding set to 'refresh' to:
    http://www.domain.com

so that domain.com goes to www.domain.com. However it just shows the parked site. www.domain.com works fine.

I've the same exact setup with godaddy for another URL with the A record set to their parked site IP address and that forwards to the www.domain.com without issue.

Advertisement