Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mira elite st not heating water

Options
  • 11-08-2013 2:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,250 ✭✭✭

Boffins,

Have a Mira elite st for about 5 years now, and all of a sudden it's stopped heating water.

When you turn the temp up you can actually hear the load on the motor decreasing instead of increasing which is odd. I'm wondering has the thermostat packed in, or would there be a more common problem that these units face.

Any help greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,313 ✭✭✭✭Sam Kade

The same happened mine I got another elite shower that had a faulty switch and put the switch of my own shower into it. That was after an electrician told me throw it out and buy a new shower instead. 3 years on the shower is still going :) You can also buy spare parts here

• Registered Users Posts: 2,957 ✭✭✭tinofapples

Anyone know would one of these replace the Mira Elite adequately

http://www.argos.ie/static/Product/partNumber/8322807/Trail/searchtext%3EELECTRIC+SHOWER.htm#tabrev

?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,791 ✭✭✭LIFFY FISHING

No it wont work, the mira sprint is a mains supply only, the elite is connected to the cold tank in your attic.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,957 ✭✭✭tinofapples

No it wont work, the mira sprint is a mains supply only, the elite is connected to the cold tank in your attic.

Thought that alright, wish I was aware 6 years ago the price difference in the pumped electric and the non pumped. Twice the price, in fact more :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 912 ✭✭✭bmm

i had problems with a Triton T90 which stopped working after 5 years. Pump was fine but heater wouldnt kick in . I took the unit out and poured limescale remover thru the "water in" inlet a few times . Sorted it and its worked for another 5 years so far!

• Advertisement
Advertisement