Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Spelunky [Steam]

Options
  • 11-08-2013 10:12am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,406 ✭✭✭

So did anyone pick this up on Steam during the week ?

Loving the Daily Challenge. Add "SendMoreCops" to your Steam friends list if you want to compare Friends scores including daily challenge scores.

Daily Challenge I find is a great incentive to keep coming back to the game. On XBLA I found this game just .. so .. damn ... difficult but finally starting to feel I am progressing now I have it on Steam.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,920 ✭✭✭✭Gummy Panda

I don't like that it doesn't support 1900x1200

• Registered Users Posts: 2,406 ✭✭✭brianon

Yeah. Allot of resolutions not included. You can edit the config and set your resolution or so I heard.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,467 ✭✭✭McSasquatch

Bought it over the weekend and liking it, despite sucking greatly at it. Only been playing SP so far though.

Edit: Forgot, I did try a daily challenge before. Tried another there today, and yeah, I suck lol. But I added you there brianon.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,406 ✭✭✭brianon

Bought it over the weekend and liking it, despite sucking greatly at it. Only been playing SP so far though.

Edit: Forgot, I did try a daily challenge before. Tried another there today, and yeah, I suck lol. But I added you there brianon.

Gotcha. This game is quite frustrating, I've died 120 times already, but I keep coming back for more :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,920 ✭✭✭✭Gummy Panda

I love the tutorial level. I want to be the Chinese guy

• Advertisement

So finally got past the mines...... but didn't have any bombs left to give Tunnel guy. Gah! :p

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,235 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

So finally got past the mines...... but didn't have any bombs left to give Tunnel guy. Gah! :p

Yeah, wait until he asks for the key, I almost rage quit when I realised what I needed to do for that!

Added you there brianon, my ID is niallcy if anyone else wants to add me.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,235 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

I don't like that it doesn't support 1900x1200

Updated last night to fix an awful lot of problems that people had with it, including the resolution.

Release Notes

CatInABox wrote: »
    Yeah, wait until he asks for the key, I almost rage quit when I realised what I needed to do for that!

Christ, you weren't kidding! Finally got it to him though after
    copping on to how useful the jetpack is. Seriously, you can piss through levels with it and the compass.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,684 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

Great game but a bas***d of a game all in one lol.

• Advertisement

Dcully wrote: »
    Great game but a bas***d of a game all in one lol.

Yeah, seriously, such a masochistic experience - it makes me feel like I'm addicted to trolling myself! :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 11 Sporks

Is anyone still playing this? I picked it up on steam during the week. It is extremely addictive, although I rarely make it out of the mines.

Had to stop for a while, and seem to have lost all my skill at it too. Was getting around 70000, but am once again struggling to get out of the mines.

My ID is somewhere above if you want to add me.

• Registered Users Posts: 541 ✭✭✭Vorrtexx

I play it too, still trying to complete my first hell run.
    Steam ID same as here.

• Registered Users Posts: 11 Sporks

Cool beans my id is basketcase182. I have added you guys.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,369 ✭✭✭the incredible pudding

Uninstalled it today. Had +70 hours on it and have gone from hell and back. Highlight was getting the low scorer achievement (hardest thing i've ever done in a game i think) and getting into the top 20 on one of the daily challenges (ghost running isn't too bad if you've a jet pack, especially in the ice stages).
    What a great game.

Advertisement