Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cake classes in Dublin?

Options
  • 11-08-2013 10:08am
    Registered Users Posts: 10

Hi guys, I'm looking to get some recommendations for classes for cake finishes in Dublin - in particular straight edged cakes? (See attached to get an idea) I make cakes myself but I really want to learn how to get the precise and professional finish to them - thanks flourybaps :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,251 ✭✭✭Pang

Deco Bake run alot of modelling and sugarpaste classes. They're on Bachelor's Walk or out in Clane.

• Registered Users Posts: 10 Flourybaps

Thanks for the reply - I've been to some of the classes in Decobake but I'm looking for something more detailed - even one on one tuition - seems to be a lot of places in the UK but not so much in Dublin....

• Registered Users Posts: 2,251 ✭✭✭Pang

I know of Cake Couture who offer diplomas in sugarpaste etc.., only downside is they are in Drogheda.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,310 ✭✭✭phormium

http://www.acakeforyou.ie/

This might be more suited to what you want so.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,364 Mod ✭✭✭✭RacoonQueen

There's the baking academy in palmerstown also

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13 Liana*

Hi! I think the secret to really straight edges is using ganache under the fondant as opposed to buttercream. It sets really firm and if the edges of the ganache are straight the fondant follows suit. If you look up Planet Cake books or at this You Tube vid you'll get the idea
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=imfDvvSZn5I

Advertisement